Chemical Peel Post-Care Instructions
The treatment you received is a clinical treatment designed to exfoliate or remove the outer layers of the skin.
Depending on the treatment, you may experience some temporary stinging or warm flushing. This will fade within 5-10 minutes.
During the next few hours, you may experience some tightening of the skin and that may last for several days.
For most patients, a light flaking begins within 48-72 hours. It is impossible to predetermine how much peeling will occur. The shedding process usually subsides within 7-10 days.
Possible side effects include:
- Peeling and flaking of the skin.
- Changes in skin color – lightening or darkening of the skin.
- Redness and swelling.
- Fever blister outbreak.
- Please contact your provider if you have concerns.
- Wash with a gentle cleanser.
- Apply moisturizer as often as needed to relieve dryness and tightness.
- Wear an SPF of at least 30 daily.
- Avoid direct sunlight as much as possible for 2-3 days following your peel.
- Do not have any other facial treatments for at least one week after your peel.
- Refrain from waxing for at least 7 days.
- Do not apply Retin-A, acids (AHA, BHA) or bleaching creams until the peeling process is complete.
- Do not pick or pull any loose skin.
- When washing your face, do not scrub. No exfoliation until peeling is complete.
For questions regarding your procedure, please contact your provider at Central Texas Dermatology or SkinCare Austin.
Call 512-327-7779 for Dr. Emily Prosise, Dr. Zoltan Trizna, Dr. Halliday McDonald, Dr. Olivia Chen, Mellissa Binney, PA-C, and Lia Stratton, FNP-C.
Call 512-327-2227 for Lily Machuca, FNP-C, Diana Haeg, LA, and Jenni Phipps, RN, LA.
Download Post-Care Instructions