Microneedling Treatment Instructions
- Avoid aspirin and blood thinning medications or supplements for one week before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure and retinoids for 24 hours before your treatment.
- To minimize discomfort during your procedure, we recommend you apply topical numbing cream one hour before your treatment.
- Please arrive at your appointment with a clean, makeup-free face.
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours post-procedure. After 24 hours, wear sunscreen with at least SPF 30 every day and reapply as needed.
- Avoid swimming, strenuous activity and exercising for the first 24 hours post-procedure.
- During the first 1-3 days, your skin may appear red like a sunburn, and may feel warm and tight.
- For the first 3-5 days, use the post-care kit provided or gentle skin care products such as Cetaphil or Cerave cleansers and lotions. After 3-5 days, you may resume your normal skincare routine.
For additional questions regarding this procedure, please contact your provider at Central Texas Dermatology or SkinCare Austin.
Call 512-327-7779 for Dr. Emily Prosise, Dr. Zoltan Trizna, Dr. Halliday McDonald, Dr. Olivia Chen, Mellissa Binney, PA-C, and Lia Stratton, FNP-C.
Call 512-327-2227 for Lily Machuca, FNP-C, Diana Haeg, LA, and Jenni Phipps, RN, LA.