Nonablative Laser Resurfacing Austin
A nonablative fractional laser is used to treat wrinkles, age spots, scarring, dyspigmentation, and other skin conditions. Unlike ablative laser treatments, which actually remove skin, nonablative fractional treatments leave the skin surface intact which simplifies post-operative care and decreases downtime. The procedure may require multiple sequential treatments.
Lined, wrinkled, or lax skin, discoloration, and rough texture.
The area to be treated will be anesthetized with a topical numbing cream. During treatment, you will feel discomfort similar to snapping the skin with a rubber band. Following your treatment, you may experience pain, swelling and redness (similar to a sunburn) for the first several days. Light or heavy peeling of the skin may also occur.
Recovery and Aftercare:
After treatment, your skin will be red like a sunburn and you will experience some swelling. Realize that it may not be possible to predict how long swelling will last, but 3-7 days is normal.
- Do not apply anything for the first 24 hours other than cool compresses (such as frozen peas).
- To alleviate swelling, cool compresses may be used for 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off, as much as possible for the first 24 hours and as needed thereafter.
- After 24 hours, you may cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer as often as needed to relieve any dryness or tightness. A post care kit will be provided with these products.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 1-2 weeks and use a broad spectrum sunscreen (at least SPF30 or higher) daily.
- Extra Strength Tylenol may be used for discomfort.