Dysport® Injections for Frown Line Injections in Austin, Texas
Dysport® is an injectable treatment used to temporarily eliminate moderate to severe frown lines that are caused by the frequent tightening of facial muscles. When injected, Dysport works to temporarily relax the muscle causing the lines in the skin.
Available at both
Central Texas Dermatology and SkinCare Austin
Vertical lines between the brows caused by the frequent tightening of muscles, leading to an aged or overly severe appearance. Every time we laugh, frown, concentrate or narrow our eyes in the sun, muscle contraction causes the skin to crease. As skin ages and elasticity decreases, these creases can become deeper, lingering even when the face is more relaxed.
Like BOTOX®, Dysport works by temporarily blocking the signal from nerve to muscle, preventing contraction in the targeted area, and smoothing the skin above it. Regular treatment can have transformative effects as the patient “un-learns” the muscular habit that caused the wrinkles in the first place.
Benefits and Results
Dysport can help achieve a more youthful, well-rested look without having to undergo surgery. It is a great option for people who want to eliminate facial wrinkles without changing the look of their face. Results are noticeable within a few days and last up to four months.
How does Dysport work?
Dysport reduces muscle contraction in the treated area by blocking the signal that is sent by the nerves to the muscle. By temporarily relaxing the contraction of the muscle, Dysport smoothes the frown lines. The treatment takes about 10 to 20 minutes to complete.
Some slight bruising at the injection site is possible.
- Relaxing and Filling
- Botox® — The gold standard in wrinkle relaxation. Proven effective.
- Jeuveau® — The only neurotoxin with an exclusively aesthetic focus.
- Juvéderm™ — Fast, long-lasting wrinkle filler.
- Belotero® — Ultra smooth and natural-looking cosmetic filler.
- Radiesse® — Works with you body to stimulate natural collagen growth.
- Sculptra™ — Able to restore volume and fullness in a large area of the face.
- For More Information:
- Split-Face Double-blind Study Comparing the Onset of Action of OnabotulinumtoxinA and AbobotulinumtoxinA: http://archfaci.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1149969&resultClick=3