Effective Tumescent Liposuction and Surgical Fat Removal in Austin, Texas.
What’s your problem area — the area of fat that sits there stubbornly, even when you eat right and work out faithfully? That’s the fat we target with tumescent liposuction.
Tumescent liposuction is one of today’s most popular cosmetic procedures. Minimal pain, bleeding, and risk are offset by truly impressive results — results you could never achieve on your own.
LOCALIZED ACCUMULATIONS OF FAT
Stubborn fat deposits on the waist, abdomen, inner and outer thighs, buttocks, arms, chin, neck, jowls, and cheeks.
The surgeon injects a fluid containing saline, an anesthetic, and an agent to reduce bleeding into the treatment area. The fluid causes swelling (tumescence), which separates fat from the surrounding tissue. He or she then suctions fat out through small metal tubes (cannulas). The treatment is virtually painless and relatively permanent. Once fat cells are removed they are gone forever.
- One day before treatment we will give you an oral antibiotic. When you arrive for your liposuction the next day, you will be given a mild sedative. We then take “before” photos and mark the treatment areas on your body.
- Next we infiltrate the treatment area(s) with anesthetic solution. This is performed slowly and carefully through multiple sites and may take one to two hours. You may go to the bathroom following infiltration if you wish.
- Then the surgeon begins the actual fat suctioning. You should be quite comfortable during the procedure. Feel free to ask questions and converse with the surgeon and the staff.
- After the procedure, we place a dressing of absorbent pads on the treatment sites and cover them with compression garments which you will wear for several days. The small incisions through which the liposuction cannulas are passed are not sutured closed. They are kept open to allow drainage. This drainage can be a nuisance, but it results in diminished postoperative swelling and bruising. The incisions will heal as small, discolored spots or scars, which will fade with time.
- Although you should feel fine after the procedure, we require that you have someone drive you home.
- Recovery is usually rapid. Some patients feel good enough for mild exercise the day after treatment. Most return to regular activities after a few days.
- Swelling and bruising are normal after liposuction but are greatly diminished compared to previous methods of liposuction surgery. Most patients notice an improvement in their silhouette within one week of surgery. The swelling can be slow to resolve, and the ultimate results may take 12 to 20 weeks.
As with any surgery, tumescent liposuction involves a risk of infection, bleeding, scarring, and allergic reactions.